Hello and thank you for stopping by to learn more about me.
I am Nadia, married to my best friend, Dmitri, and together we have a daughter, Nina.
I work my corporate world day job as an Environmental Scientist, and during my spare time I love spending time with family, remodeling, renovating, and decorating our home (we document our turning-house-into-home journey at dodesignyourself.com), traveling, playing guitar or practicing yoga.
A while ago I switched to the capsule wardrobe, eco-friendly fashion, and generally a more simple life with less stuff, but more joy. Those changes had a positive effect on my mindset, on my self-image, relationships, health, and our planet.
The biggest eye opener was the realization of how little I actually need for a happier and more beautiful life, especially in relation to my closet. This is actually what inspired me to start this blog. I’ve learnt to own fewer garments, but be able to create more interesting outfits. I am still learning, and everything I learn I will be sharing here with you.
Let’s take a look to see if this sounds familiar?
- Your closet is overflowing, but you have nothing to wear
- You think that nothing ever fits you
- You buy clothes, but end up wearing them just once (or not at all), and they have been collecting dust in your closet for years
- You can’t resist the sales
- After each shopping trip, you end up with items you neither need nor love.
- Or just the opposite – you spend all day strolling in shopping malls, but end up buying nothing, because of bullet number 2
- You hate your body because you think it is not perfect
- You feel like you are better to stay home instead of hanging out with friends, just because you have “nothing to wear”, or you don’t feel attractive
- You don’t buy clothes; you want to wait until you lose/gain weight
- You tend to buy clothes smaller than your actual size
I have been there, I know. It used to be such a pain to get dressed in the morning or when I was attending an event.
I am not a professional stylist or a fashion expert. However, the great news is that no one is born with a fine eye for style. And you don’t have to have any special talents. There are some simple rules and tricks that even professional stylists use when creating “looks”. And they are simpler than you think.
Forget how the market is trying to tell us that we are not pretty unless we have model-like bodies and faces. Start loving yourself the way you are.
Let’s learn together:
- How to become your own stylist
- How to find your personal style
- How to always have “something to wear”
- How to create stunning outfits with fewer garments
- How to shop the best quality clothing without breaking the bank, nor harming the planet
- How to embrace your body type and shape, and dress it in the best way possible
- How to look gorgeous, hence feel attractive and confident
- How to buy only items you love and will be wearing for years
Are you ready to stop complaining about your body and that you have nothing to wear, and start learning to create your wardrobe, putting clothes into outfits, spending less time and money on shopping, yet look and feel stylish, confident, and happy?
Now as you know a little bit about me, I would be happy to hear from you. Please comment and tell me about yourself and what you expect to find on this blog.
Use #happymalista to share your wardrobe capsule outfits!